Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Blue Lagoon Ruffle Dress

Finding time to work on my sewing to-do list and still taking care of the little papoose is something I still haven't mastered yet, two months into the endeavor. You would think that working whenever she naps is the trick that everyone I know seems to use, yet whenever I move to put her down, she wakes up. I really only manage to work after she's gone to bed for the night, and even then it's hit or miss if I actually want to work because it's so late and I really just want to crawl into bed and zone out! When I am productive, it's only for about two hours max  before I throw in the towel, so you see my problem.

I have been working on a new dress though (for the past two weeks) whenever I can, and it's finally finished instead of laying around in pieces. It's part of the pirate-inspired Marooned Mayhem collection that still has several items which are not sewn and finished. I'll work on those later. Maybe. Hopefully. Like the entire collection, this dress has such beautiful fabrics, and I think it turned into a dramatic little piece full of ruffles and personality. The electric blue definitely pops against the dark damask fabric.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/223769789/blue-lagoon-ruffle-dress-autumn-winter?ref=shop_home_active_5

No comments:

Post a Comment