Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Storybook Dress Up

Awhile back I was contacted by an awesome mom who wanted her little papoose to have her favorite book character's dress made so she could wear it to school during a special dress up day. I loved the idea and jumped at the opportunity. Every little girl should have some dress up clothes to cultivate her imagination and give her confidence and a strong sense of self, I think it's as necessary as food and water. Obviously, I had tons of fun playing dress up as a child, even if all I had were my grandmother's old clothes from the 60's.

 
This little papoose enjoys reading Dr. Seuss' Daisy-Head Mayzie though, so she will be getting a custom made dress. Honestly, I'd never read nor heard of the book so I immediately sought it out, and it's a super charming story. I ran with the whole flower theme and designed a dress fairly similar to the one seen in the book with slight modifications. I will be finishing the final details soon and will post more pictures later, but I'm loving how it's turning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment