Monday, March 10, 2014

Separates of Bayou Bebe (Tops)

Since I talked a bit about the dresses from Bayou Bebe, I also wanted to highlight the tops from the Spring/ Summer 2014 Collection. It's just beginning to warm up during the afternoons here, but it's still chilly during the mornings and evenings. It was actually in the low 70s this weekend, which made for gorgeous days spent outside. These little tops will go well paired with their mates from the collection or comfortable jeans that are already in the closet, they all just beg to be worn outside in the sunshine!

http://www.papooseclothing.com/store/p35/Bayou_Bluff_Ruffle_Neck_Short_Sleeve.html

I am in love with the ruffle neck collar and puff sleeves of this blouse, but really the main attraction is the dramatic bow! The pop of teal contrasts beautifully with the creamy browns and beiges in the blouse fabric, and I love that the bow is the main focus of this top. The floral fabric feels like it was plucked straight out of a grand southern garden, and the pearl buttons at back are the perfect finishing touches. This top is so sweet, but it can still be dressed down for more casual days out window shopping or playing outside in the park.

http://www.papooseclothing.com/store/p36/Banjo_Blues_Tunic_Peplum_Blouse.html

I love the teals and blues in this fabric that has a slight weathered look to it that adds to its vintage charm. A solid teal trim is made from a cotton fabric and is sewn into random patterns that are inspired by the roots systems of cypress trees found in the Louisiana bayous. I wanted to continue the idea of using the cascading trim that is seen on the Cypress Roots Navy Blue Dress so I added that little detail to this top. The cascading peplum drapes lows at the back that reminded me of the shape of classic southern magnolia leaves.

http://www.papooseclothing.com/store/p32/Gumbo_Green_Crop_Top_Pleated_Tunic.html
 
There is so much charm in this adorable fabric that has bayou critters playing around and going on adventures. I so wanted to dive right in and see what they were up to when I was making this design. The murky greens are the perfect shades to compliment the pleated teal side sash the ties at the back. Your little one will delight in the fabric as she goes on her own adventures this summer, and she will look adorable and be comfortable doing it.
 
http://www.papooseclothing.com/store/p33/Peat_Moss_Green_Gathered_Short_Sleeve_Blouse.html

This fabric has such gorgeous colorings in a subtle moss effect that reminded me of the kind draping and growing on oak trees along roads and long driveways. The greens and light teals are the perfect shades to wear this spring and will go with a number of different bottoms. I added the classic Peter Pan collar but sewed on ties at the bottom of the sleeves for a gathered puff effect that is so fresh and whimsical.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love the Banjo Blues one with the peplum! And I also love the peat moss blouse. So many pretties! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blues and greens and pretty patterns!

    ReplyDelete