Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Adult Wendy Darling Inspired Nightgown

I don't know why, but I was never really a huge Peter Pan fan. I liked the story, but I definitely wasn't obsessed with it like I was with other fairytales. I can't tell you the last time I thought about it, it's been that long.

Initial Design Concept
 
All this to say it's somewhat of a surprise to me that some people are so in love with that fairytale and Wendy Darling. I don't know what it is, I guess I never identified with her, but the Wendy Darling Inspired Nightgown is definitely a big seller in the shop, particularly this year for Halloween. Obviously we're all different and have different tastes, so I am super glad a sweet customer requested the nightgown for her little papoose back in March. Without that prompting, I seriously doubt it would have occurred to me to design a Wendy Darling nightgown.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/126230408/wendy-darling-inspired-custom-made?ref=shop_home_active

Since it has been such a popular dress for the little papooses, I occasionally receive requests to make adult sized versions. I try my absolute best to explain the longer time and extra fabric needed to produce an adult version, which in turn requires a higher price amount. Unfortunately, some people expect too much for too little, especially quality, handmade goods. Still, a lovely customer approached me to sew one for her daughter who is wearing adult sized clothing and would love this dress, so I was terribly excited to finally make an  adult-sized version after so many initial inquiries that fell through!

Completed Adult Sized

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Adult size would definitely involve a greater cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buttons in the back, great job Ashley!

    ReplyDelete