Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Christmas Party Dress 2013

Besides the Fall/ Winter collection, I wanted to make a very special dress for the upcoming holidays. I've been thinking about it for the past few weeks and really wanted to get it right since it will be the first Christmas dress Papoose Clothing will be issuing. I've been steadily releasing a Fall dress every year, but there is something special about a Christmas Party Dress I find exciting!


Christmas Party Dress 2013
 
After several design ideas, I finally decided on one that I was happy with and felt was festive enough for any party. It has a lot of fun little details I'm excited about implementing. I have a slight obsession with tiered skirts, and this dress has several. I wanted more "oomph" though than my regular dresses, so there's a fun tulle petticoat underneath this one that will really makes it into a party dress. I knew I wanted a more festive fabric than cotton, and I found some really lovely fabric choices.
 

I didn't necessarily want to go the whole green and red route or choose a pattern like poinsettias and Christmas trees that screamed Christmas. I wanted something classier and more mature than the stereotypical designs you usually see in stores, and I wanted some fun infused into it to. I think the gray and maroon colors work really well together, especially for a party seasonal party dress! Hopefully I will be able to finish it up within the next week and have something to show you all!

5 comments:

  1. I've always loved dresses ever since I was a little girl. I agree, there is something special about an "official" Christmas dress. My parents would get me one every year growing up, and my mom still has them stashed away somewhere!

    Best of luck on your dress building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray and maroon sound fabulous! And the tulle petticoat will be great. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics look great! All the best with the project! Can't wait to see the final outcome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peplum dress in your shop! A festive dress for Christmas was one of the things I looked forward to when I was a kid :) Still do, as a matter of fact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see your new creation! The white fabric looks very chic.

    ReplyDelete