Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Christmas Party Dress 2013 Reveal

Well, it is finally here, the first official Christmas Party Dress 2013 by Papoose Clothing, and I'm not sure I could love it more than I already do! I wanted a dress that was slam packed with lovely details and enough festive charm to make every little papoose wearing it feel like a sugarplum fairy or Christmas elf or whatever she wanted to imagine herself as. I love the idea of a classic Christmas dress only worn for special occasions, and I think this dress has such a timeless quality that it could become an heirloom piece for future generations!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167508202/slate-grey-and-maroon-tiered-skirt?ref=shop_home_active
 
When I wrote earlier about the design and fabric choices, I mentioned I have a slight obsession with tiered dresses and skirts, but this one I particularly love because of the waving cut in the different tiers. I like how it flows visually and adds another element that really showcases the sheen of the fabric. The puff sleeves are amazingly puffy, I feel like Anne Shirley whenever I see them and think about when she went to her Christmas Ball in a festive party dress!
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167508202/slate-grey-and-maroon-tiered-skirt?ref=shop_home_active
 
The slate grey and maroon colors look so incredibly well together, the maroon just pops off the dress is such a dramatic way. Not to mention the big bow at the back that provides another striking element, and I love the gathered ruffles at the front of the sash, giving dimension and interest. I didn't want to leave just the sash in another color, so I added the ruffle flutter sleeves to tie in the satin fabric with the body of the dress. I think it's the perfect touch without going overboard.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167508202/slate-grey-and-maroon-tiered-skirt?ref=shop_home_active
 
The back of the bodice is cut deep and has two darling little rhinestone and pearl buttons that offer up more glitz and glamour! A separate tulle petticoat can be seen peeking out from underneath the skirt to add volume and more sparkle with fun little rhinestone specks dotted throughout. This is seriously a fun and festive little dress, I can't help but be proud of it! I tried to keep it exciting and party-worthy with just enough details to make it pop without making it too fussy. The only problem is I am so ready for Christmas carols and warm fires and yummy foods after working on this dress, and we're not even done with Halloween yet!
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167508202/slate-grey-and-maroon-tiered-skirt?ref=shop_home_active
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! A little girl will be very happy to be wearing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the puffy sleeves, but the big bow on the back would have to be my favourite detail. Good luck for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete