Monday, June 3, 2013

Cinderella Princess Inspired Toddler Blue Bubble with Peplum Outfit

Everybody loves a good rags to riches story, but Cinderella did it before it was cool. Today I will be talking about her blue ball gown I designed, the one she wears when she meets her prince! I wanted the dress to be fabulous, but I was in an adventurous mood and took a risk in the design. Besides the peplum, her dress is pretty basic. I wanted to jazz it up a bit and put more detail into outfit. My first draft is pretty much how it turned out.

First rough draft drawing

I was getting bored with all the dresses/ skirts, so I thought it would be fun to make this one into a bubble. I kept the peplum, of course, and added a trim detail. I wanted some distinction on the yoke of the bubble to not make it so plain and simple, so I eventually settled on a pleated style that I think really makes it special. I scratched the original idea of rick rack peeking out from behind a strip of fabric, but I still like it, so I might just use it somewhere else on another project! The shoulders had ties that such a darling detail Cinderella's style that I thought worked.





I kept the basic blue and light blue color scheme of the main dress, but to add some contrast and bring out the white in the trim, I used a patterned fabric for the shoulder and back ties. I like how the pleated yoke adds just the right amount of detail to make it stand out without being too in-your-face. I know it's not your typical princess outfit, but the bubble style is so adorable; I don't see how anyone could resist a little toddler in a bubble! I love that people are responding so positively to it, but I keep running out of the patterned fabric. It's a good problem to have!

Waiting in a Big Top tent to ride an attraction!

Daddy playing with the princess!

It had been a long, hot day, obviously!

The castle all lit up!

The princess and her entourage!

No comments:

Post a Comment